1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Description of Shared Hosting Packages
A shared hosting service appertains to stashing and/or sharing particular web content on a web server run by a shared hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a look at them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to create a web site, email aliases, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular firms, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud shared hosting". This is a totally distorted explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between separate sets of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different shared hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain firms offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a big amount of images with friends or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email accounts. Some companies offer shared hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to own a mail address with your domain but do not want to run a website, then the email shared hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your shared hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many videos as you want to without bothering about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At ValueWebhosts.com you can view shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of shared hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for particular content only.